Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gigantor

After 3 months of knitting, bragging rights, and procrastination, I've finally finished this big bad thing! Knitters and crochetters, I am pleased to present:


Gigantor



I used:
US9 Boyle circular
About 6-7 cones of Peaches & Cream 100% worsted cotton in Daisy Ombre
I CO 300 stitches for my queen sized bed and knit stockinette stitch to the desired length.
I double dog dare you to try it! It took me a month of dedication, a month of bragging, and a procrastinated month of off and on knitting, so it'd take a consistant 1.5 months. Best of all, cones of cotton are about $7, so this blanket is about $50, which is cheap for a bed cover. I may knit matching pillow cases later.

2 comments:

  1. I know that had to of taken alot of time but it does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 months. Austin is a little mesmorized my the pooling, haha. I bet that thing weighs a good 10 pounds too...

    ReplyDelete