Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Water Bottle Carrier




I used US 6 DPN's (Im a loose knitter) and P&C 100% cotton worsted

I followed the Lacy Leaf Water Bottle Carrier pattern to #8 and began my own pattern on the 9th part, right before her chart:

http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2007/06/lacy-leaf-water-bottle-carrier.html

For 15 (instead of 14) rows, I followed my own pattern 4 times (4x4=16 - row 4 = 15 rows):

row 1 > purl
row 2 > k1 *yo k2tog*
row 3 > purl
row 4 > *ssk yo* end with k1
end with row 3

I picked up Simple Knits' pattern at #9 on through, but used k1 p1 ribbing instead. I counted my stitches, subtracted 6 (3 for each cord) and devided that number by 2 to know how to bind off evenly.

Many many thank you's to Vicki for this lovely quick-knit pattern XOX This is her pattern, with small alterations. Vicki asks that you ask her permission before selling her finished pattern, so please do so, even if you use my alterations.

1 comment:

  1. How about a picture of the project? It's always fun to see what people do with my patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete