Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Try @ a Tank Pattern

I've been trying to do aneedle tatting pattern with a clover motif by Sharon Albers. It's simply written, with *, -, and + symbols. I'm just having a rough time getting my tension right. I just need more practice.

After weeks of staring, I started doing the Pretty In Pink Tank Top from Delicious Stitches. Talk about talent! That chick is amazing. This is my first clothing pattern because I find sleeves intimidating. I think, 'If I can do a blanket, I can do a tank top.' I did about 8" of ribbing in the bowling alley lol. The scouts went clandlepin bowling and Austin bowled a 29, hehe. I used a size 5 circular for the top. The xs might be a little too small for me, but she says it stretches a lot, so I'm hoping it'll give 3" in the waist. If it doesn't, I'll just give it to my neace and make another. It's so easy, so far. I went over all of the directions with no prob. We'll see how it goes :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment