Tuesday, June 23, 2009


I think I'm in love, with Mulberry Merino! This stuff is like knitting with a long strand of baby's hair. It fuzzes up a little, but I think it has something to do with the heat. It is, after all...hair lol.
For the hat, I used a US 8 circular to cast on 80 stitches. I used 2x2 ribbing for 9 rows and then st-st until it fit right. Then I used row 1 k2tog k1 and row 2 k to decrease.
For the scarf, I followed "Kid Merino Cat's Paw Lace Scarf" by S. Jo Morohashi
I used a US 8 straight needle and 2 skeins of mulberry merino. I could have used 3, but I prefer scarves that hang down long enough to be wrapped over once. I think I made 19-20 cat's paws?

I think Mulberry Merino is just about the softest yarn I've ever bought. It does like to split a little when you're knitting, but it feels so good on the fingers that you'd barely notice. Like I said before, I bet if it wasn't so humid, it wouldn't fuzz so much. I would definately buy this again in the fall/winter. This made a nice fall scarf. I'd recommend it to a friend who can see their stitches clearly, such as someone who has experience with mohair or bocule. You really have to be able to see which part of the stitch your point is going through and know how to pull the random little shreads over so they wont affect the pull-ability of the current stitch.

2 comments:

  1. You should be very proud of this one. I think out of all the scarves you've done that this is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super soft! I wanna do a top in egyptian cotton next. Wait, what's it gunna take to make you knit-friendly? A Sprite cozy? Vamped wristlettes? I know, I'll surprise you with cozied car accessories! JP...or am I

    ReplyDelete