Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Knitting Story - Mosquitoes stink!

My newest project is the Super Summer Backpack by Lion Brand. I got to work and managed to finish about...oh, I'd say a good 6" of the pattern when I saw a mosquito right there on my left thumb. That little bugger had the nerve to land right on my thumb! It was bad enough that it had been gnawing on my neck all evening, but to fly on my thumb?? I swatted it, I slipped a few stitches, I missed him, I cursed for about 20 minutes, and went on a mosquito hunting rampage...and I found him. He was on the edge of the couch, but flew away before I could get him. Since the brighter light was on, I saw where he went next. He flew on to the corner, where I missed him twice before finally squishing him. I got him good too. Vengeance was mine!

After a moment (or two...or three) of gloating, I realised that I would have to frog my 6"-7" of knitted noodley stitches. Finally, frogging so much hard work didn't feel so bad. I've frogged more. Really, I didn't mind. I just thought you might engoy sharing in my triumph.

Question: If a mosquito landed on your hand in the middle of a very complicated row of knitting stitches, how long do you think it'd take before you attempted to smush it?

No comments:

Post a Comment